The configuration of the Password Change Service will allow an administrator to activate this feature in CallPilot. This can be a huge time saver and eliminate the need for someone to manually reset mailboxes which can be a truly tedious daily task. You can select the method in which you will allow the users to make the password change and by utilizing SSL technology, the setup is a secure process.
End User Implementation
The remainder of the set-up must be performed by the end user. It will be up to the mailbox owner to access Password Change Service to set up their questions and answers and/or their email address prior to actually needing to use the service.
1. End user accesses Password Change Service and establishes their password details
- Browse to: https://<webservernameorIP>/cppwdchange
- View introduction message
Welcome to the CallPilot Password Change Service for mailbox 5700. What would you like to do?
Modify Password Settings (Use this option to login and modify your password change settings and/or change your current password.)
Change Password via E-mail (Use this option if you have forgotten your password. An email will be sent which contains a link that you can use to change your password.)
Change Password via Secret Questions (Use this option if you have forgotten your password. You will be asked to answer your secret questions before you can change your password.)
2. End user selects the link associated with the setup they are trying to accomplish
- Initially they will access Modify Password Settings
- Enter their valid password to login
- Configure their settings
Password Change Settings
If you want to change your current CallPilot Mailbox password, enter your current and new numeric password.
2a. Change Password via E-mail
- The Change Password via E-mail feature will send you an e-mail that contains a link that you can use to change your password.
- Enter the e-mail address that you would like this e-mail sent to
2b. Change Passwords via Questions and Answers
- The Change Password via Secret Questions feature requires you to answer two questions before allowing you to change your password.
- Enter your questions and answers as shown
- The minimum length is 6 characters
- Answers are case sensitive.
From the above, you can see where the end user has the option to change their password, enter an email address, or set up their questions and answers for future use. When a user forgets their password or gets locked out of their mailbox they can now reset the password themselves.
3. Change Password
- Access Password Change Service, https://<webservername> or IP address/cppwdchange
- Select either “Via E-mail” or “Via Secret Question”
- Select “Via E-mail” and you will receive a confirmation that the link to change your password has been sent to your e-mail address:
Password Change E-mail
A password change request has been sent to the e-mail address: *****@gktraining.com. To complete the password change request please follow the instructions in the e-mail.
If you cannot access the e-mail address *****@gktraining.com please contact the CallPilot administrator.
- Select “Via Secret Question” and you will be prompted to enter your preconfigured questions and answers. If you answer correctly you will be able to save your new password.
CallPilot 5.0 System Administration and Applications (0327)