- Reliable and secure Wi-Fi access. Smartphones, tablets, and wireless IP phones need the speed and stability of Wireless-N (802.11n) network access, as well as quality of service (QoS) support. Some wireless routers integrate security — such as VLANs, firewall, VPN, and security services — to increase and simplify your control.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE). PoE juices up a network in two ways: It gives you more flexibility locating wireless access points and other wired devices, and it adds more power per port to support higher-draw technologies such as Wireless-N.
- Stronger network security. Mobility, social networking, cloud services, and international hacking are growing. Is your security technology keeping pace? Essential technologies include content security, firewall, VPN, and VLANs. Integrated security solutions can increase application performance and give you better control.
- Collaborative communications. Businesses can reduce operating costs and raise productivity by through unified communications and video and audio conferencing applications. Collaboration technologies demand high-performance, high-availability connections and reliable, intuitive user devices, ranging from basic IP phones to unified IP phones.
- High-performance, high-availability connections. Businesses that use mobile devices, cloud applications, or IP voice or video require a fast and efficient traffic flow. If you want to optimize your traffic flow by investing in a new router or switch (or DNS server), it should include support for IPv6.
Recreated with permission from Cisco.com.