At least, that’s according to the 1400 recently employed college graduates surveyed for Cisco’s newest Connected World Technology Report. The findings highlight their feelings about the Internet in general and social media in particular. A few of the more striking results are listed below, but you can see the rest here:
- 62% could not live without the Internet, it is such an integral part of their daily life.
- 32% say it’s as important as water, food, air, and shelter. 47% say it’s not quite that important, but it’s pretty close.
- Worldwide the laptop is most important to daily life, but in the U.S. and Australia it’s the smartphone.
- 42% have a Twitter page that they access at least once a day. Most access their Facebook account once a day as well.
- 7 of 10 “friend” or “follow” their manager and/or co-workers on Facebook and Twitter.
Guest Blogger: Jill Liles