The past 12 entries of this blog series have explored QoS theory and how to configure QoS on Cisco routers. By popular demand, I have created a pop quiz on how to configure QoS on a Cisco router using Modular QoS Command Line Interface (MQC) queuing mechanisms.
Here is how the pop quiz will work. The question will be posed in this entry, number 13 in the QoS series. You can post your answers in the comments section below this text. The answer to the question will be posted in entry number 14 of this QoS series.
Here is the pop quiz question – Good Luck!
Author: Paul Stryer
On the HQ WAN router, configure the appropriate MQC based queuing mechanism for the outbound traffic to the WAN s0/0, so that the following requirements will be met.
Only add the QoS commands to the below configuration, assume everything else needed for the network is finished or will be put in later.
- Class Map for voice that matches RTP, EF, CS3, and AF31
- Class Map for Bulk that matches FTP, and aF11
- Class map for Interactive that matches Citrix, and af21
- Name the policy: qos-policy
- Voice Traffic: 128 Kbps Maximum, use the IOS default burst values
- Interactive Traffic: 30 Kbps minimum
- Bulk Traffic: 24 Kbps minimum, also limit traffic to an average rate of 24 kbps by buffering excess traffic. Use the IOS default BC and BE
- Class-Default: Weighted Fair Queue with no bandwidth guarantee
Here is the basic configuration of the HQ router.
HQ#sh run version 12.4 service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! hostname HQ ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! no aaa new-model memory-size iomem 5 ip cef ! multilink bundle-name authenticated ! archive log config hidekeys ! interface FastEthernet0/0 ip address 192.168.100.1 255.255.255.0 duplex auto speed auto ! interface Serial0/0 bandwidth 384 ip address 10.11.12.1 255.255.255.254 encapsulation ppp clock rate 2000000 ! interface FastEthernet0/1 no ip address shutdown duplex auto speed auto ! interface Serial0/1 no ip address shutdown clock rate 2000000 ! ip http server no ip http secure-server ! control-plane ! line con 0 line aux 0 line vty 0 4 ! webvpn cef ! end