Microsoft recently released a new Certification exam: 70-567 Upgrade: Transition your MCPD Web Developer Skills to MCPD ASP.NET Developer 3.5. This exam is intended for candidates who hold an MCPD web Developer 2.0 certification and who also wish to upgrade to MCPD ASP.NET Developer 3.5. People who would consider taking this exam use Microsoft Visual Studio in a team-based, medium to large development environment. If you are considering taking this exam, you should have at least two to three years’ experience developing Web-based applications using Microsoft ASP.NET.
Candidates should also have a minimum of one year of experience with the following:
- Database access by using Microsoft ADO.NET classes in the .NET Framework
- Web Services
- State management
- ASP.NET configuration
- Monitoring Web applications
- Application and page life-cycle management
- Security aspects such as Forms Authentication and membership and roles
- Internet Information Server (IIS)
Candidates should be very familiar with Visual Studio 2005 or later and the .NET Framework classes that are related to ASP.NET and ADO.NET. In addition, candidates should have a good grasp of ASP.NET AJAX.
So what are the areas you should concentrate on when preparing for this exam. You should know all areas, but Microsoft does break down the specific areas to help focus your studies. This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.
- Configuring and Deploying Web Applications
- Consuming and Creating Server Controls
- Working with Data and Services
- Troubleshooting and Debugging Web Applications
- Working with ASP.NET AJAX and Client-Side Scripting
- Targeting Mobile Devices
- Programming Web Applications
- Designing and Implementing Controls
- Designing the Presentation and Layout of an Application
- Accessing Data and Services
- Establishing ASP.NET Solution Structure
- Leveraging and Extending ASP.NET Architecture
- Applying Security Principles in Application
When you take and you pass (notice said when taken and passed – lets keep the optimism alive here!) the 70-567: UPGRADE: Transition your MCPD Web Developer Skills to MCPD ASP.NET Developer 3.5, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5.